lunes, 10 de junio de 2019

Post 5 - Future Job

Now I will talk about what I would like to study apart from languages ​​in the future. In my second semester of sociology I had the branch "Epistemology".
What we learned is in simple words, the philosophy of methods, limits and paradigms of science and knowledge.
In the classes, at first we listen to the professors talk about the classic epistemological approaches, but then we, the students, investigate the problems and present them. We had to investigate about an epistemological problem that interested us.
In my case, I investigated epistemological decolonialism and epistemic disobedience. That basically seeks to claim non-Eurocentric knowledge and know the world from the perspective of Latin America.
However, we learned about perspectivism, critical theory, positivism, phenomenology, myths, transhumanism, among others, which are different visions of what is and how knowledge is conceived and ordered.
I liked the class because it questions everything we have learned so far, since it is a western and modern knowledge, and that has denied as valid all other ways of understanding and knowing the world.
In summary, it is also important to understand that what we know about the world is what we have been controlling all our lives and that perhaps it has limited what we can know. That is why, in the future, I would like to be able to exercise this knowledge and hopefully study it in depth.

Resultado de imagen para decolonialism epistemology+

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario